When you think about social networks, you tend to remember Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google+. However, most people seem to forget about Tumblr.
Tumblr is also a social network where you can build your own brand, a brand about yourself. And in this aspect, it’s a lot like Twitter. However, in what comes to express yourself, Tumblr shares more similarities with Pinterest than with Twitter. So, you can have a more visual approach using Tumblr than the one you have on Twitter.
One of the reasons why not so many people use Tumblr is because they just don’t know how to get followers on Tumblr. After all, if you’re taking the time and effort to write, you want people to read it. So, how to get followers on Tumblr?
#1: Be Completely Focused:
One of the things that you should consider when you are starting out on Tumblr is to have a good design that appeals your visitors to read your content and to come for more. The truth is that most Tumblr users tend to be so different that they end up making people leave instead of staying. So, make sure that you choose just one main theme or topic for your Tumblr and spend some time arranging it.
But what should you write about? What niche should you choose to ensure that you know how to get followers on Tumblr? Instead of searching to see what people are interested in, just think about what you like. Think about what interests you so bad that you can write about it without any problems.
There are three main niches that tend to work pretty well on Tumblr – fashion, photography, and cooking. However, don’t limit yourself to these 3. Find your own way.
In terms of the blog design, you’ll see that you have a wide variety of free themes to use. However, if you are serious about making your Tumblr famous, you should consider buying a premium theme. After all, only this will give you a distinct look and will allow your Tumblr to stand out. In case you decide to do this, you need to make sure that you are balanced in your choice. After all, you don’t want to buy an extravagant theme in terms of design and colors but you also want to make sure that you don’t buy one that doesn’t have any detail that stands out. One of the best things about Tumblr themes is that you can customize them without knowing any code. Most elements can be easily changed using drag and drop.
In terms of the content that you post, just write compelling content as if you were writing on another platform. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel or anything like that. However, expressing your personal opinion will clearly make a difference. Oh, and don’t forget about the hashtags. In Tumblr, hashtags work just like on Twitter and this is a great way for other Tumblr users to find you and link to you.
Another thing that you should definitely do when you want to learn how to get more followers on Tumblr is to post different kinds of content. While you may enjoy writing, make sure that you also post videos, images, links, audio, and even quotes.
The truth is that if you were a celebrity, you would have millions of followers instantly. However, you’re not. So, when you’re trying to discover how to get followers on Tumblr, engaging with your audience is probably one of the best shots that you have. While you may get a few followers on your own, you need to engage to get new ones and at a faster pace. So, how to get followers on Tumblr? Make sure that you post often and that you are quick to respond as well. Besides, whenever you think it’s appropriate, engage with others.
According to our experience, here are the strategies that tend to perform better:
- If you follow someone, they will follow you back: The best way to start doing it is to search for Tumblr blogs about your subject. Then, start following and reblogging content.
- Be an active participant and like posts: This feature works in a very similar way to Facebook. When you like someone else’s post, they will check your posts and will be more likely to like yours as well.
- If you’re just starting your Tumblr blog, reblog posts: The truth is that this is one of the best ways to introduce yourself. Reblogged posts will immediately show on your own blog and the other Tumblr user will probably reblog one of your posts or like one of them as a return favor.
#3: Spread The Word:
Now that you have all set, all you need to know about how to get followers on Tumblr is to start spreading the word. How?
– Share your blog on other social media networks: If you already have a Twitter or a Facebook account, you can start there. One of the things that you might not know is that you can easily crosslink social media accounts. This means that you can be publishing your posts on Tumblr and automatically it will display them on your Facebook account. And this feature also works for Twitter.
– Share your blog on promo sites: Using a Tumblr promo site is one of the quickest ways you have to get followers on Tumblr. Most of these websites tend to be free and they work as a network. All you need to do is to put the URL of your blog with a description and you’re all set to go. While most of these websites already have tons of URLs, the truth is that one more won’t hurt.
As you can see, there are many different ways to get followers on Tumblr. It may well be, in fact, one of the easiest ways that you have to get your audience to visit it. So, if you don’t have a Tumblr yet or if you already started one but didn’t know how to get more followers on Tumblr, it’s time to go back and start working on it. You’ll see the results faster than you are expecting.